Friday 19 June 2020

Some home decoration and a paint job

FB overhears another conversation:
 
George
Sandy
Well it looks like we'll soon be out of lockdown.
Aye.  When I come to visit you in your garden I can use your toilet.
Well, you'll enjoy that.
How's that?
I've redocorated it during lockdown. It's got a cricketing theme.
That sounds good.
Yes, I've used the score cards of my best innings for the club as a wall paper.
That's interesting.
That's what I thought.  Jean wasn't convinced though.
Why not?
Well, she pointed out I'd only scored over 20 twice and that wasn't going to cover a lot of wall.
But you've only a small bathroom.
That's exactly what I said.  Even so there's a few bare patches.
Oh dear.
So maybe you'd like your best innings to go up too.
Well that's very flattering.  But it won't work.
Why not?
I've already used them in my bathroom.
Did you hear there's a bit of controversy down at the cricket club?
No.  What it's about?
Well you know the new skipper?
Aye.
Apparently he's decided that his car has to be repainted the club colours.
Why?
He says that the club's brand needs to be promoted when he's at away fixtures.
Oh really.
He says the present colour is a bit dull.
Well the club colurs will certainly jazz it up a bit. 
Doesn't the skipper use his company car though?
Aye, he does.
And remind me what his job is again.
He's an undertaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment