Tuesday 9 June 2020

On Goji Berries, Suduko and Voltarol

Fantasy Bob overhears another conversation in yet another queue.

Jean!

Sandra!  How nice to see you!  I thought you'd stopped coming to Waitrose.

I have but Aldi's sold out of the goji berries today.

Tragic.

I need them for my kidneys.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.

Why?  I just fry them up with onions and garlic and goji berries. Lovely.

          Did Sandy say he saw George the other day.

No.

Well, he was behind him in the queue outside the chemist.

The chemist - what was he doing there?

Queueing.

No, I mean what was he queueing for?

George didn't say.  He's not been ill has he?

Not really.  But he's really grumpy because there's no cricket.

Same as George.  Grumpbucket maximus.

All he does is watch the DVD of the 2005 Ashes. Over and over and over.

Same as George.  If I hear about Shane Warne's googlies again......

...I'll scream.  I tell him he's got to develop some other interests.  I said to him what about trying the sudoko.

Good idea.

But he says that he doesn't like the martial arts.

George tried the karate once.  

And?

Worst after-shave ever.  

But they said it would turn any woman's head.

Well it turned my stomach.

So you don't know why Sandy was at the chemist?

No.

George said he bought a jumbo size Voltarol, an extra large Deep Heat, and a mega sized Algipan.

Excellent.

Excellent?  Doesn't it mean he's in pain?

No, it means he thinks his cricket could be starting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment