|The Headingley ODI - not the only event to suffer|
There is nothing so forlorn as a match abandoned without a ball being bowled.
Fantasy Bob doesn't like to harp on about single issues. Other than empire biscuits of course. And the iniquity of leg spin bowling. And his declining prowess in the field. He may occasionally repeat himself on these issues. But otherwise he feels he provides to his world wide readership of 3 a varied and wide ranging service dealing with the key issues of the day. Even if that day was many years ago.
However things are getting a bit repetitious in these British Isles and it is hard even for FB to avoid repetition. Lots of balls are not being bowled. A month's rain falling in half an hour in Edinburgh today (FB's world wide readership will understand that this is an artistic measurement not a scientific one and may well therefore be an underestimate) wiped out any prospect of FB gracing the field of play at the weekend, without a ball being bowled. The third ODI between England and West Indies at Headingley was only one event to fall foul of the weather. Other events to suffer include
- The opening night of the London 2012 Festival in Birmingham has been cancelled without a ball being bowled due to heavy rain;
- The Hutton horse trials near Penrith have been cancelled without a ball being bowled due to heavy rain
- The Grand Parade at Edinburgh's Royal Highland Show was cancelled without a ball being bowled due to heavy rain;
- The Olympic torch relay in Blackpool will now take place indoors without a ball being bowled due to heavy rain;
But there is some good news too:
- Fantasy Bob's blog has been abandoned without a ball being bowled due to heavy sarcasm.............................