- the credit rating agencies have downgraded the Indian Test Team following their poor showing against England in the first 2 tests - Finance Ministers around the globe are keeping the situation under close scrutiny
- Ravi Bopara has been added to the England squad for the 3rd Test - rioting broke out in North London among supporters
- Stuart Broad has been fantastic in the first 2 Tests - FB apologises for his previous scepticism
- the Edinburgh Tattoo has started bringing with it the usual celebratory torrential rain which has put the kybosh on FB's return to active service in today's friendly against Woodcutters
- the rain is also getting in the way of Carlton's march to successive national T20 titles. Today's finals are postponed - probably to a day in January given the shambolic fixture schedule. FB is writing to the Tattoo authorities suggesting that they should move their event and its accompanying rainstorms to a time in the year when they would not be so disruptive.
- the England rugby team dress up as the All Blacks to beat Wales in a RWC warm up - they even take a leaf out of the All Blacks play book in having a Samoan playing for them
- Samoan-less Scotland beat Ireland in another RWC warm up by scoring a try - victories for Scotland are rare events, tries for Scotland are rare events - could they be related by any chance?
|Evening sun on Sandhamm|