|Perry Como - |
the cricketing cardigan
never caught on
Enough of this trivia, here is a selection of FB's wholly personal magic moments from the eternal competiton - not in batting order.
- Ajmal Shahzad smacking his first ball over the bowler for 6 in England's tie with India - every tailender's dream.
- Shoab Ahktar's last great flourish - bowling Jayawardene and Perera in the group match. Rage against the dying of the light............
- Dilshan studiously defending wide half volleys from Swann to give Thuranga his hundred in the drubbing of England. After you Claude.........
- Any slow bowler in any game taking the new ball.
- Ricky Ponting working the ball through the covers on the way to his immaculate quarter final 104 - is there more to come now the burden of captaincy is handed on?
- Kevin O'Brien's hair style - not to be imitated but certainly effective on the day against England.
- Jacob Oram miraculously catching Jacques Kallis to precipitate the choke of chokes.
- Shahid Afridi for leadership throughout the competition and dignity in defeat. Such a pity he has forgotten how to bat. FB's player of the competition.
- MS Dhoni bringing the curtain down on the final with a theatrical flourish by smoking the ball over the bowler's head to confirm India's victory.
- And every ball bowled by Muttiah Muralitharan during the competition, his last great stage.
|The spirit of cricket|