Friday 15 January 2021

Vaccination Blues

 

An overheard phone conversation:

Is that the Head Vaccinator?

Can I help you?

I hope so.  I have just used this calculator thingie which has told me that there are 10,865,832 people ahead of me in the jab queue.

Yes.

But it says priority is being given to the extremely vulnerable.

That's right.  

Well I  qualify.

And what is your vulnerability?

Leg spin.

Leg spin?

Leg spin.  Just can't play it.  It's an extreme vulnerability.

But that isn't a medical condition.

I beg to differ.   Everyone in the team says it's chronic.

So what are the symptoms?

I break out in sweats, I shake all over.  In fact the symptoms are exactly those listed on your web-site.

And have you ever had medical treatment?

Oh yes - the doctor gave me the treatment alright.

How did he do that?

He was the leg spin bowler I was facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment